Wednesday, February 25, 2009

GLUTEN - FREE LENT




Today is Ash Wednesday. That means the start of Lent. After a bit of thought, I've decided to give up wheat for Lent. Yes wheat.


I have recently started a gluten-free diet with my youngest, Julien. If I join him in the diet, I will be not only showing him my ultimate support, but it will be a common factor that we can both share. We'll be able to discuss which gluten-free recipe we like & don't like, where we can eat out, & how we feel about the change in lifestyle. A bonder of sorts.


Why did I take him off of wheat products? I was hoping it would help with some behaviors he was having problems with. I have seen notable improvements in only a month so we're going to stick with it.


It's quite an undertaking to remove all wheat from your diet. That eliminates all obvious - breads, cakes, cookies, gravies & cereals. But also all the surprising places like soy sauce, chips, gums & barbecue sauces. GF is becoming much more recognized, and many products are labeling now, but you still have to check everything.
So I begin my journey into Gluten -Free living.

No comments:

Post a Comment