Tuesday, January 13, 2009

National Day of Service


Barack Obama is calling for a National Day of Service- on Jan. 19th, which is also Dr. MLK's federal holiday and the day before Obama's historical inauguration.

He is asking that we donate our time, energy, money, and hearts to bring the spirit of "for the people, by the people" to this nation once again.

He & Michelle will be volunteering in Washington D.C. Where will you be?

You could offer to help at your local soup kitchen. Or offer to shovel your neighbor's walk. Take a bag of groceries to the food pantry. Maybe volunteer to read to kids at the library.
It's cold & snowy here, so I'm still thinking on it. But I think I will volunteer to take every child off my Mother's hands for the day. See I have six brothers that still live at home. If I had them all with me, we could be volunteering super heroes! Plus my Mom can then be free to participate in her own service of choice & maybe catch a little alone time! Yeah ... that's what I'll do :))))

Whatever you do - I urge you to do it. I also urge that you get your kids in on it too. We have to teach the young ones now, that our country, just like life, is what you make of it. Volunteering of yourself is not only good for others, but it is good for you.

I believe in Obama's vision for this country. It will take us all :)))))
*Remember Janruary 19th - it's all you*

No comments:

Post a Comment