Sunday, November 1, 2009

To the stranger met on a train….[Kalpana Ambrose]

To the stranger met on a train….
Journeyed through the deserts
Oceans full of treasures
Left behind all the pleasures
Stranger, I am sitting next to you
Wondering what to say unto you

The winter murmurs,
out side the shutters
of the moving train
The tunnel is making sounds
gurgling and growling
I fear it’ll keep me in

The day has vanished in to the darkness
Leaving a space for a new morning
The stars of above is covered
With a cloud of burning tears
Yet,
Stranger, I am sitting next to you
Struggling myself to pretend
The smile on my face
isn't false but true

The half full half empty
glass of life
Might be waiting for long
For wines made of desires
To fill it with joy
But, stranger,
I can not stay
I can not  taste
The forbidden fruit,
you are bidding
I can not let it ripen

The stars may shine
as the skies get darker
Winter can weep
as the winds blow swift
The train runs its race
And it knows the destination
And how do you ask one to wait
Who can neither stay nor leave?

Kalpana Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment