Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This enormous City [By: Manjula Wediwardena]
















This enormous City

When I return to the den by nightfall
My only refuge is darkness
Being tired of cold winter
My wilted eyes are welled with tears

The city, enormous ; yet unfamiliar to me
Sends in sadness; just the sadness
When loneliness echoes
My heart still is longing for home

Petals, strewn all over the street
By the rain, which is still young
So magical; brings out the poet in me
An instinct, follows me through the sansara

Just a smoke to calm and soothe my mind
Not the smile of my sweet love, by my side
Even the poem becomes painful, now I realize
Oh… such a heart ache, is this life?

Next to my window, in the cemetery nearby
Wandering are the dreams of night
Slowly, I will release my weeps and sighs
To drift among the tombstones white

 Trying so hard to hold tight
The last leaf of an aging tree, lost its fight
Blown away in the wind, gusting wild
Disappearing into the stormy night

Even when my pillow is sleepy
To stay awake through the night
My dream that couldn’t close its’ eyes
Looking for wings; ready to take a flight!

මේ විසල් නගරය

ගුහාවට රෑ වෙලා එනකොට
මුවාවට ගණ අඳුර පමණය
විඩාවට පත්වෙලා සිසිරය
මලානික නෙත් පුරා කඳුළු ය

නන්නාඳුනන විසල් නගරය
සන්තාපයම එවයි කුටියට
නින්නාද නැඟෙන විට තනිකම
මං තාම හදවතින් ගෙදර ය

මල්පාර පුරා මල් විසිරුව
වර්ෂාව ඔව් තවම තරුණය
සංසාර පුරුද්දට අවනත ව
කල් නෑර කවි ගෙතෙන අරුමය

දුමක් මිස හිත නිවා සනහන
පෙමක් නැත හිත ගාව හිනැහෙන
දුකක් බව දැනෙන විට කවියද
කෙතෙක් නම් රිදෙන්නෙද හදවත

සුසානෙකි කවුළුවට අත ළග
නිශාචර සිහිනයන් ඇවිදින
සුධාවල සොහොන් කොත් අතරට
මුදාළම් ඉකිබිඳින සරතැස

තලතුනා තුරෙක තුරු මුදුනක
හිස ඔබා සැඟවෙන්න නොහැකිව
ගිළිහුණා අවසාන කොළයද
තටු සළා ආ රුදුරු සුළඟට

රෑ පුරාවෙම සිටින අවදිව
මාවුලාවට පවා වෙහෙසය
ඇහැ පියා ගනු නොහෙන සිහිනය
ඇහැරිලා පියාපත් සොය සොය

By: Manjula Wediwardena
Translated By: Manel Fernando

No comments:

Post a Comment