Thursday, May 19, 2011

KAVI BOONDIYA | From where the life has struck - [Ajith C Herath | අජිත් සී හේරත්]



I opened a Window

to see the Earth of Google,

to fly over my Country

where you live,

where we all lived once,

so long and together.



I would land on Mathale Wiltshire

and walk along the roads and vales familiar,


avoiding the uninvited chasers,

recalling the blurring faces,

unfolding the map of past and traces.



I would walk upon an image

taken in the cloudless day light

by a sleepless eye of a satellite,

and I would see from the sky view,

the gloomy Nanayakkara garden

where the first love is buried

and where my soul is still tarried



I would listen from

an unreachable distance.

to a murmuring baby,

whispers with angels

in his infantile dreams .

I would hum a cradle song

To keep him in dreaming so long.



I would stay for a while,

at Balakaduwa defile,

where my friends were fallen

and where the corpses found swollen.



I would zoom the map, for a moment

to search the Bay of Nandikadal

where the people were massacred,

in the name of you,

my dearest motherland sacred!



Ah! My beloved country!

the darkness of the night

has already reached you

awhile before me,

and the life has been forgotten

where it was left behind

long time ago.




[October- 2009]

Ajith C Herath | අජිත් සී හේරත්



No comments:

Post a Comment