Saturday, April 17, 2010

ULTIMATE BLOG PARTY !!! ~ Wrap Up


You know the excitement that surrounds the Christmas season? How much fun and great times you have? All the stress even though it is fun ?

Then it's over, what a relief.

That's how I am feeling about this year's Ultimate Blog Party. It was huge. A lot of fun. I visited some really cool blogs - but thank goodness it's over!

We had a death in the family the night I was writing my UBP post, and my Mom flew to Texas to be with family. I ended up with six of my eight brothers staying here with us for a week. Can you say extra???

We have made it and my Mom is flying back in today!!! Yes, we made it. It was harder than I thought and I will have a lot of laundry and house work to catch up on, but we made it!

With all the extra going on, I completely messed up my UBP post & giveaways. I felt really lousy until I realized though the help of some really sweet friends, that it was ok in the circumstance and to just chill.

I also missed both of the Twitter parties that I really wanted to attend. I was giving baths, or making snacks or doing nightly phone calls with Mommy. It just wasn't going to happen.

So, while my Ultimate blog party participation was a disaster, I felt the love from fellow bloggers like I never had before, I learned I'm stronger that what I thought I was, I learned how important family is, I learned how precious every day is.

I landed at some wonderful new blogs and met some really great women - I'll share them with you - this is only a tiny piece of the wonderful new blogs I found.

Uniquehorn Designs
Healthy Moms
Dayngrous Discourse

I want to thank everyone who took the time to send comforting words, thoughts, and prayers to me during this time - my heart is full :) You helped me get thorough this.

So with that all said, here's to a Ultimate Blog Party 2011 with no stress and no mess ups!

Thank you to Susan & Janice @ 5 minutes for Mom & and to Pamela @ Happy Panda for all the hard work they put in to make this such a huge success. See you all next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment