Friday, April 9, 2010

I totally MESSED up


Yesterday while writing my Ultimate Blog Party post, I learned that a family member passed unexpectedly. There was nothing I could do - it happened across country, so I decided to do something I was familiar with - my blog.

I wrote my two prize posts on auto pilot - my mind was in many different places. I pushed myself just to complete. I did & it felt really good. Just in time to give my Mom a haircut and get her ready to board an AM flight to be with family. I felt like I could accomplish anything. I went to bed feeling good.

But I woke up realizing I had totally messed up my Ultimate Blog Party post. I knew this because I participated last year. Giving my brain time to relax and de-stress, it dawned on me that I do not have anything to do with picking the winners. That is done @ 5 Minutes 4 Mom. But I wrote my posts like a normal giveaway with entries.

The problem is, I have entries on these posts and to discount them would frustrate a lot of entrants. To pull my post from the party would frustrate my sponsors.

I've decided to pull the post with the most entrants and leave the other post and change the wording and remove the entries. I feel really rotten and apologize for the inconvenience.

Now I need to try and make the best of it. Parties are supposed to be Fun - not a source of stress :)

I will remember the Ultimate Blog Party 10' forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment